(Closed) Head of Marketing and Community
About the role
LDN UTD requires a Head of Marketing and Community who can help support the team to grow LDN UTD and achieve its potential. This is a role reporting directly to the CEO that requires an extremely motivated and organised all-rounder who wants to roll up their sleeves and take on responsibility, and is prepared to help out within the wider business. You’ll be dissatisfied with the status quo and always look for where things can improve.
Devise the planning and implementation of LDN UTD’s marketing strategy to enhance the overall brand image, sponsor appeal, and build out a monetisable community.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed the job description. Be someone who understands the opportunity of working at a rapidly growing start-up, but also how hard you have to work to make that a success! These are some of the winning skills we are looking for at LDN UTD.
In this role you will:
- Lead marketing efforts and content strategy (which may require a re-design of website and social channels) across key communication platforms, focusing on awareness, brand and community building;
- Identify market opportunities, develop and implement strategies to build and strengthen the base of existing and new partners;
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure excellent execution of marketing initiatives;
- Act as project manager of ad hoc projects to develop, supervise and monitor the execution of marketing or membership programs and production of marketing tools with related parties or agencies;
- Bring in and implement new concepts of marketing campaigns and PR events in line with the brand’s image; and
- Devise a marketing strategy for a monetisable membership campaign to commence.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviours to our team:
- 4 years or above experience in marketing of which 2 years at managerial level. Experience in Esports and Gaming industry will be an advantage;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and start-up is preferable;
- Strong Marketing copy writing and editing skills;
- High level of strategic thinking and project management skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated, responsible and a good team player with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and futuristic vision as well as well-rounded business understanding; and
- Proficient in PC knowledge in G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel and Hubspot (or similar tracking tool).
Bachelor Degree in Business Admin or Marketing.
- Join a fast moving industry and be at the centre of a leading organisation that is going places!
- High impact position with autonomy to shape the business model.
- Work in a high calibre team in a fun, flexible working environment based in central London.
- EMI package.