Senior Gameplay Programmer (C++)
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help.
- Work on all aspects of gameplay systems of the RPG: designing, developing and support.
- Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed game components.
- Work together with the UI designers on the in-game UIs.
- Write robust and maintainable code.
- Be an active participant in the design and production of the game; the technical side of the creative team!
- 5+ years Game Development experience.
- Expert in C++.
- Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general.
- Open minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature.
- Concepts as state machines, pathfinding, AI routines should be second nature.
- Ability to think like a designer to create compelling and fun game play.
- Good communication skills in English.
- You are a team player and willing to take responsibility.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent software debugging skills.
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Experience with gameplay scripting.
- Experience in WPF, UI programming
- Strong background in RPGs.
- Shipped game/console titles
- Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full-time contract
- Inheritance of a totally awesome, multidisciplinary and crazy talented team to grow with.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.