International PR Manager
Larian Studios is spread across 6 studios around the world, in service of millions of players globally. From a centralized publishing department in Europe, we are looking for an International Public Relations Manager to spearhead PR strategies and solutions for Larian’s output. Whether it’s Baldur’s Gate 3, the Divinity series, or our corporate outreach and merchandise, we need someone who understands the ever-changing landscape of Public Relations to work with the Publishing Director in service of our players globally. The International Public Relations Manager will draw from their international media contacts to strategize, spread the word, and talk to a global audience on behalf of the over 300 people at Larian Studios and its partners. If you have extensive experience in PR, and would like to work in a large AAA company that’s wholly independent & still growing, then please see the below notes and requirements.
- Develop strategies to reach new and existing audiences for Larian, across its initiatives and games.
- React to the ever-changing PR landscape and propose ideas and initiatives to maximise the conveyance of Larian’s voice efficiently.
- Take lead on the production of PR related materials. This includes traditional PRs, as well as online ‘Direct’ style scripts and programmation. You will have a Jr PR Manager in assistance.
- Act as spokesperson in response to media requests & inquiries, and present the company voice in written and spoken interviews, as well as on camera when appropriate.
- Package press-kits and pitch documents.
- Organize, take ownership of, and execute all details & facets of international press-tours in coordination with other members of the publishing team (Product Managers, Event Managers, etc), as well as external regional PR partners.
- Work with the Junior PR Manager to write, produce, and package timely PR reports including vital data insights using specialized software and services. (These will be provided, as well as time for training if necessary).
- Maintain and report a global PR focused ‘state of affairs’, tracking the shifts and strategies of international PR in games on an annual basis.
- Scope out and manage project budget across PR related activities such as tours, as well as expos. Including elements related to the games directly, and also the welfare of the travelling teams. (Working with the Jr PR Manager, Event Manager, etc).
- Manage regional PR agencies and support.
- Strong understanding of the industry, the press, influencer strategy, and Public Relations methodology now, and as it is adapting. This will be discussed at length in an interview.
- For this senior role, at least 3 years public relations experience is required. However, there is an exception for this for anyone applying from the press.
- Qualifications specific to media or journalism are nice to have, but not required.
- An eye for detail, nuance, and creative writing skills are required.
- The ability to budget, push when necessary, and scale back when required is necessary.
- Must be able to work as horizontally as possible as part of a close-knit team, and help others find and work to their strengths.
- Must be able to independently seek out and identify meaningful & engaging PR opportunities with a wide variety of budget.
- The candidate must understand how to parse data, using data to fact-check and bolster intuition rather than to drive it.
- A college degree is not required, but good communication, written and spoken English are required and may be tested if appropriate.
- Will be available for extensive periods of travel, pertaining to both expos but also intercompany travel.
- Be very cool to work with.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience.
If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.