(Closed) Head Coach Esports
Prior to applying for a position with Lackawanna College, please familiarize yourself with the mission of the College. If our mission inspires you, and you are willing to go the extra mile to help our students succeed, please feel free to apply for this or future employment opportunities for which you meet the minimum qualifications. We particularly encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups including women and minorities. Please know that only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can be considered, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted by a college representative. No phone calls, please.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
The Head Coach is expected to manage the total growth and operation of the esports program including, but not limited to: instructing, recruiting and retention, team management, game scheduling, equipment control and monitoring of the esports gaming room, game/practice management, player strategy development, academic monitoring, and appropriate mentoring. Additionally this position is responsible for budget management, fundraising, and may include some game administration duties, and some departmental and campus committee work/involvement.
- Instructs, teaches, coaches and mentors student-athletes during practices and competition.
- Conducts video analysis and instruction as a teaching and preparation tool.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits potential team members to the College.
- Retains current students of the College as team members.
- Ensures the program meets annual squad size numbers.
- Ensures ongoing eligibility of student athletes in the eSports program and monitors their academic progress.
- Provides schedules which are fiscally efficient.
- Conducts inventory of uniforms, supplies and equipment to ensure effective maintenance of physical resources.
- Works with SID to provide accurate data for individual and team accomplishments, as well as game scores.
- Prepares and provides reports and documentation requested and required by the Director of Athletics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge of and commitment to all institutional and eSports governing bodies rules and regulations including, but not limited to NACE philosophy, eligibility, sport playing season, etc.
- Proficient technical abilities and computer skills.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and protocol.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to fulfillment of the College mission.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR / First Aid.
- Trained in use of Automatic Electrodes Defibrillator (AED).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Competitive esports experience involving multiplayer online video games with team-based elements and experience in at least one of the following games: League of Legends, Overwatch, and Rocket League.
- Experience with recruiting preferred.
- Experience with fundraising preferred.
Applications will only be accepted via online method OR email, interested candidates should email resumes. Deadline for applications, May 1st, 2018. No phone calls, please.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all other applicable non-discrimination laws, Lackawanna College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, or genetic information in its educational programs and activities, admissions, and with regard to employment.
Lackawanna College is an accredited, private, non-profit educational institution providing opportunities for career and personal development within selected associates degree, certificate and continuing education program.