Social Media Manager
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
Our ideal Social Media Manager will be an expert in social media communications with a passion for games. Here’s your opportunity to get the best of both worlds!
You'll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
"I’m a social guru and a wordsmith, spreading the word about Kwalee in ways that people can’t simply scroll past!”
What you will really be doing
- Shaping and executing an effective social media strategy across all key platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
- Creating snappy, superbly-written content to engage existing followers and to attract new ones.
- Monitoring Kwalee’s social media interactions and engaging with followers.
- Whether it’s a fun company bonding event, a brand new game launch or an exciting new partnership, you’ll work with the PR & Communications Manager to devise creative ways to share the latest Kwalee updates with the world.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to understand the specialist roles that are required and our company culture
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Strong social media communications skills with at least three years of experience
- A keen observer of new and emerging social media trends with an interest in innovation
- Passion for video games
- Comfortable driving both B2B and consumer-facing social media content
- Ideally experienced with paid marketing on key social platforms
- Some basic Photoshop skills
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.