Senior Games Artist
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Senior Games Artist you’re creative, enthusiastic and have a passion for games and all the art that you can create in them.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make our games look awesome”
What you will really be doing
A wide variety of 2D focused art tasks including concepting, illustration, animation, VFX and UI design and layouts
- All art that might be required both for our live games and our Creative Wednesday games.
How you will be doing this
- You'll be part of an agile and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 85 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 4 years of experience as Games Artist
- Strong sketching / drawing skills
- Strong 2D, concepting, illustration, UI and/or animation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Ability to engage in and produce different styles of game assets across multiple mobile titles
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- Interest in mobile games
- You must have the full right to work within the UK
- Experience with GIT for checking files in and out on multi-user projects
- At least one of the following complementary skills; traditional art skills, character design, motion graphics / animation, 3D modelling
We do we offer
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
If you are suitable for this role, please include with your application sketching / drawing examples either within your portfolio or as separate links