Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As QA Manager you have a passion for mobile games, a talent for finding bugs and great management skills.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m like a ghostbuster although I find bugs instead of ghosts! I make sure every game we release is up to scratch and ready to be played by millions of people”
What you will really be doing
- Managing the QA team as well as outsourced teams
- Maintain, improve, and establish protocols to further optimise the QA process
- Mentoring the rest of the QA department improving all aspects of their understanding
- Testing all our games to find issues in them before release
- Producing high quality bug reports including: a detailed description, accurate reproduction steps and severity rating, etc.
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to improve the overall experience by suggesting improvements and changes
- Offering constant feedback to ensure our games achieve their potential
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure our games are extremely high quality and bug free.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 70 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 4 years of experience of “hands-on” bug reporting within the games industry
- Experience leading teams of QA Testers, vetting bugs, managing databases, etc
- Ability to produce high quality bug reports
- Experience testing server dependant applications
- Experience writing test plans (functional and compliance)
- Experience handling external testers
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
- Experience with mobile games
- Experience working within Google Play Console, AppStore Connect
- Experience testing ad mediation platforms like IronSource and MoPub
- Knowledge of Jenkins and an understanding of multi-branch development
- Knowledge of AB testing
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drin
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.