(Closed) Product Manager
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the games you work on are commercially successful. Working on titles from the very beginning with both internal and external teams, you will be charged with preparing games for launch and assisting with marketing plans, working closely with all marketing teams including User Acquisition, PR and creative. You will also oversee the planning of live ops and the general product update cycle.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the glue that keeps our game releases together, making sure plans are in place and executed for the most successful game launch and post-release possible. ”
What you will really be doing
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of our published PC and Console games, with a leaning toward preparing and organising market-facing elements including PR and digital marketing and events.
- Collaborating with numerous internal teams including PR, creative, publishing and digital marketing in an effort to ensure games are ready to be successfully launched and sustained post-launch with regular updates
- Brief and organise the delivery of marketing materials across a range of platforms and channels.
- Help coordinate and present the games at public and digital events
- Working alongside Publishing Managers and with internal and 3rd party development teams to form a complete link between development and release/marketing.
- Independently learning and developing business practices and opportunities in order to improve the success of our games.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to make our games as fun as they can be.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 85 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant role (e.g. Production, marketing, PR or similar), organising across multiple teams.
- Business mindset and understanding of commercial thinking
- Willingness to drive results and deadlines based on targets and KPIs
- A creative spark and familiarity with high-quality marketing assets
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Prior experience as a product manager within gaming
- Experience of PC/Console game live ops, A/B testing and telemetry
- Analytical mindset with a keen eye for data
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.