PR and Communications Manager
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a PR and Communications Manager you have previous experience in a similar role, excellent communication and creative writing skills and you love games so this is perfect for you!
What you tell your friends you do
“I communicate Kwalee’s messages to the World”
What you will really be doing
- Planning, developing and implementing publicity and PR strategies to create awareness of the company and working with management to identify what messages to convey.
- Creating and promoting media releases and other press materials
- Monitoring, analysing and sharing PR results with management team
- Creating events & stunts, to convey our messages and maximise awareness.
- Create publicity to attract talented people to join our company and attract 3rd party developers for us to publish their games.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 90 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important public relations decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 4 years of experience in a PR Manager position
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative writing skills
- Imagination and understanding of different social media channels and how to use them from a PR perspective
- Passion for games and ideally some knowledge of the industry
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.