Office Manager and Administrator
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As an Office Manager & Administrator you have management experience and excellent communication skills. You'd be taking care of anything related to the new office that we're going to open soon in Beijing.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the go to person when you need something and don’t know who to ask, tell me what you need and I’ll put my magic to work.”
What you will really be doing
- General office management including facilities, security, relocation/expansion and liaise with external contractors
- Administration including purchasing software, creating accounts, improving internal procedures, new starters and leavers processes, etc.
- Setting up workstations, backups, etc.
- Events and travel arrangements
- Reception and telephone duties
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of a creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Dynamic and able to multitask
- Project management skills as well as some experience managing people
- Good understanding of legal and basic accounting (payroll, etc.)
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in both local language and English
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Passion for games would be a plus
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.