Junior Game Programmer
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa.
Kwalee has rapidly become a key industry player in mobile gaming, launching several hit games including Draw it, Go Fish!, Looper!, PLANK!, TENS! and SPILLZ, with millions of players around the world.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team, including the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Junior Game Programmer you love coding, has around 1 year of experience and have a passion for games, therefore creating game software is the perfect job for you!
What you tell your friends you do
“Even if you don’t understand a word of it, thanks to my high quality code you’re able to spend many joyful hours playing our games.”
What you will really be doing
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code for our games.
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 90 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and technical decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 1 year of professional experience as game programmer with C# and Unity.
- Android / iOS / Amazon or UI experience would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.