Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As IP administrator you have an interest in intellectual property law, have excellent communication skills and love games so this is perfect for you!
You’ll have the support of the team and our lawyers but we’re looking for someone independent and proactive that takes ownership of the IP and trademark processes.
You'll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m like a detective and a sheriff, always finding copycats and stopping them from stealing our great games!”
What you will really be doing
- Handling our Intellectual Property rights
- Managing anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy matters including takedown notices
- Assist with domestic and foreign trademark prosecution and litigation
- Research of games to identify potential intellectual property issues
- Assisting our our lawyers with filling of necessary documentation (e.g. cease and desist letters)
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 85 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Ideally some experience in a relevant position (e.g. legal assistant, paralegal, legal admin, etc.)
- Preferably law degree, paralegal certification or similar background
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Self starter attitude, proactive
- Passion for games
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.