F2P Senior Game Designer (remote or office)
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Senior F2P Game Designer you have experience conceptualising and designing engaging mechanics and metagame. You’ll work closely with every department to craft new games and improve existing titles.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our Bangalore office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“My mission is that you enjoy our games so much, that you won’t be able to stop playing!”
What you will really be doing
- Working as part of the design team, designing exciting mechanics and strong UX implementations for existing and upcoming games with a focus on strong engagement.
- Working with monetisation designers to seamlessly weave IAP & ad strategies into your designs.
- Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Working with the analytics department, driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
- Analysing of emerging F2P gameplay & monetisation trends
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to make our games as fun as they can be.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a game design role with at least one published game.
- Experience working with F2P mobile games.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation.
- Knowledge of mobile game market, trends, competition, platforms and app stores.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Unity experience.
- Creative writing skills.
- Coding / prototyping skills.
- Experience of mobile game live ops, A/B testing and telemetry.
- Desire to learn about ad-based monetisation and improve our efforts in hypercasual as well.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.