Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Product Manager for our Ultrabit game studio at Kongregate. Ideally, you will be able to come to our sunny San Diego office once the pandemic is over, but we are open to full-time remote options for the right person.
Our Ultrabit studio is working on building new and innovative variations on the idle genre, working with top tier IPs and internal teams to experiment on variations of our core game mechanics.
As our Senior Product Manager you are the central piece of studio operations and are considered the "CEO" of the product. You are the primary driving force for the business. You are responsible for planning the product roadmap, coordinating studio resources to execute requirements, and for setting the team up for success over the course of a product’s lifespan. Your job will include working with all studio departments - QA, Production, Design, Art, and Engineering - as well as Kongregate personnel in other locations.
The ideal candidate is an avid game player who understands mobile game design and product best practices, and is capable of analyzing and reacting to analytical data.
- Product roadmap strategy, planning and execution; Steer the product strategy and roadmap discussions; own some or all of roadmap preparation and execution. Prioritize the team’s work based on what the game needs.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs based on: player needs, tech needs, and business needs.
- Own feature and game outcomes. Generate expected outcomes for new content, game features, set of features or new games moving through the product pipeline and be accurate about them.
- Specification planning and execution: Actively contribute to the product specifications pipeline; own some or all of the pipeline items; coordinate and run product specification reviews, kickoffs, and follow-ups.
- Game Analysis: Proactively monitor game KPIs, economy indicators, progression funnels, sales and events and derive learnings and best practices to optimize your game. Able to catch potential problems or changes at a glance and deep dive into any of these areas to figure out the reasons behind.
- Market research & analysis: Perform market research and deconstructs of competitive products and new genres the studio is considering entering; actively monitor and report on significant movements or trends in the free-to-play market. Capable of running SWOT, positioning and demographic analysis.
- Report out to the broader Kongregate organization and studio leadership the results, learnings and best practices of recent feature releases, game launches, game updates, content or any other relevant game-related outcomes.
- Game economy and monetization design driver: Able to create or iterate on existing economies and monetization systems to provide further depth or tweak and adjust values while understanding the impact that these will have in KPIs.
- 4+ years experience in the gaming industry in an analytical or PM role.
- Proficiency with Excel and Google spreadsheets.
- Analytical skills and ability to to break down complex problems into their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Econometric skills and statistical knowledge. Able to model problems into quantitative systems and formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Experience working in Jira or Trello.
- Knowledge of the free-to-play market, top performers, best practices, and common systems across genres.
- Passion for games at all levels and formats and for polished products and user experiences.
- Sensitivity to gameplay and design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Experience managing priorities across different teams and projects.
- A proactive, tenacious, can-do attitude.
- Familiar with the top idle games in the market.
- Statistics, data modeling, machine learning, or data mining coursework/experience.
- SQL knowledge.
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Ample vacation days, PTO, and Paid Family Leave
- Company wide events, game nights, happy hours and more (all of which are currently virtual)!
- Build awesome games with premier IP holders.
Due to the on-going pandemic, Kongregate is operating as a fully remote company until further notice. All interviews will be conducted via phone and video calls.
Kongregate is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.