Synapse Games, a Kongregate studio, is committed to building fun, strategically deep, and socially engaging free-to-play games on both mobile and web.
We are a dedicated and efficient team that enjoys making games as much as playing them. We measure our efforts through results rather than hours worked, and value the importance of a work-life/family balance on top of offering competitive pay and benefits. As our portfolio and teams grow, our culture remains built around gaining knowledge through cooperation. From board game nights to role-playing campaigns, we all continue to learn from each other and grow.
Synapse Games is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to ensure we are releasing stable and high quality products across our growing and successful game portfolio. You will be responsible for identifying issues with new and existing features, as well as writing precise and detailed reports, informing prioritization, and verifying fixes of those issues. You should be passionate about understanding how games work and discovering new ways to break them. You will work closely with engineers, designers, artists, and data analysts to quickly and accurately diagnose problems with our games.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and document bugs with concise and detailed reproduction steps
- Verify fixes submitted by engineers, designers, and artists
- Effectively communicate concerns about significant bugs, process issues or scheduling risks
- Maintain communication with the full development team
- Build and maintain robust test plans from design documents and/or implementation
- Follow test plans for regression testing and to approve releases
- Collaborate with community support team and other studio members to document user reported issues
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
- High school diploma or GED (two years college study with 2.5 GPA or better preferred)
- One or more years experience with software testing
- Working knowledge of game development tools (especially Unity) and/or programming languages, as well as Subversion or other version control systems
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira
- Proficiency with Google Apps, browsers and other browser-based tools
- Interest in Quality Assurance as a career
- Familiarity with products from Synapse Games
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Ability to think analytically (e.g., solving problems by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach; thinking through possible solutions for costs, benefits, and risks)
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Working familiarity with several current operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac)
- Working ability to model consistently Kongregate’s commitment to a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- Willingness to commit to Kongregate’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
This position is for our Chicago studio, but we are open to remote work.
COVID Note: Due to the on-going pandemic, Kongregate is operating as a fully remote company until further notice. All interviews will be conducted via phone and video calls.
Kongregate is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.