Konami Gaming, Inc. entered the US gaming market in the 2000s and we’ve spent the last two decades moving the industry forward with breakthrough games, head turning cabinets, and a casino management system that brings it all together. Over that time, we’ve garnered our share of awards and established a corporate culture of success and innovation.
A world leader in systems and game development, Konami can offer you the best of both worlds - stability within a dynamic, creative environment. We are excited to announce that Konami Gaming Inc. is growing and expanding into new product lines, including premium and standard games, and new market segments. As we enter a new growth period for the Company, we are expanding our reach to attract top talent in game studio operations, technology and product development.
We are on the hunt for passionate, honest, and fun individuals to join the future of play. Your future is here at Konami Gaming, Inc!
What you'll be doing:
- Develops and works on integrations on multiple platforms (e.g., server platforms, game platforms, embedded platforms, etc.).
- Develops and maintains installation, configuration procedures, development environments, and development tools.
- Develops, researches, and recommends platform, server, deployment, and virtualization tools (VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant, Docker, AWS, etc.).
- Develops, researches, and recommends procedures for automated deployment, monitoring, testing and integration.
- Provides documentation and support on deployment procedures, development methodologies, installations, security, and configuration/setup.
- Provides Operations Support including deployment of software and responding to service interruptions as required. Travel to customer sites is required for physical server deployments.
- Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, policies, timelines and game design and completion schedules of product releases.
- Collaborates with teams of engineers, designers, artists, and others as necessary to ensure product quality and market criteria.
- Works with software engineers and other departments as needed to resolve issues reported from the field.
- Investigates and reproduces reported issues (field, lab, internal/external).
- Reports to management any discrepancies or problems requiring resolution.
- Integrates and tests software for releases.
- Provides documentation to support releases.
- Complies with the company’s regulatory guidelines and corporate policies at all times.
What we want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Three plus years of related experience within gaming industry within North America and Canada.
- Platform/server experience is preferred. Deployment of physical servers and cloud servers (AWS) is preferred.
- This position is not a remote position.