Lead Game Developer (f/m/d)
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so 🙂
Lead Game Developer (f/m/d)
If you love getting people together to make great games while guiding them through all the technical challenges of scaling games to millions of players around the world, then we want to hear from you.
Our players love having new features with lots of content to play, while always having a stable game experience. We are looking for an engineering manager that can support us to continuously deliver awesome updates to millions of players around the world for many years. You will be working together with cross-functional development teams to ensure that we are ready to tackle all upcoming technical challenges. You will make an impact on how we grow the game, while collaborating directly with the production team and other leads.
- Coach and mentor developers to help them grow in their careers
- Work closely with the product to identify technical improvements
- Collaborate often within a cross-functional team
- Support planning by estimating effort and breaking down complex features
- Maintain and grow the game architecture
- Implement key parts of complex topics as needed
- Strive for high code quality standards, like readable, and scalable software
- Help scaling your team by taking part in the hiring process of new developers
- Past experience managing teams with more than 3 direct reports
- Proven experience working in software development, ideally with Unity and C#
- An agile mindset, very familiar with agile game development practices
- Clear and precise communication skills in English
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Willing to constantly learn and grow further
- Mobile game development experience is a plus
- Experience solving performance and memory problems in a mobile game is a plus
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Training Budget
- We believe in learning. You’ll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role.
- Flexible Working Hours & Home Office
- We have one team day a week at the office, the other 4 days you choose where you work from.
- Health & Fitness Bonus
- We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you.
- Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible.
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks
- Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer, etc.
- Parties and Team Events
- Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun.
- Company Holidays
- Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations
- Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons.
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!