Lead DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
Lead DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
If you are looking to manage a team of young and dynamic engineers and are keen to own the infrastructure of a rising gaming company, we are looking for you to lead our DevOps team!
Together with other technology teams, you work with a broad range of cutting-edge technologies to support our developers and testers with deployment and operation of software. As we are in the process of building up our own game backend platform from scratch, this is your chance to steer DevOps initiatives while ensuring our services are provided reliably to millions of users. Furthermore, you are responsible for developing both individual engineers as well as the overall DevOps team to the next level. All in all, this means, being a key technology leader that makes a direct impact on the success of Kolibri Games.
Your recruiting contact for this position is Alina Cuceu. If you are writing a cover letter, we recommend to address this to her!
- Own the cloud infrastructure for the whole company
- Operate a distributed backend system reliably for millions of players
- Design and refine CI / CD processes to build and deploy software
- Drive improvements to the system architecture by introducing new technologies and applying industry best practices
- Drive the implementation of new DevOps methodologies and processes
- Work closely together with lead developers and engineering managers to enhance workflows and tools
- Coach and mentor engineers to help them grow in their careers
- Support the hiring process of new engineers
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field
- Broad knowledge of Kubernetes and how to use it for orchestrating Microservices
- Broad knowledge of Jenkins to realize complex build and deployment processes
- Broad knowledge of cloud services to build cloud-native infrastructure
- Good understanding of logging and monitoring practices leveraging tools like Datadog
- Good understanding Infrastructure-as-Code tool such as Terraform and Ansible
- Exceptional leadership skills with an ability to develop strong and meaningful interpersonal relationships
- Clear and precise communication skills in English
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Willingness to constantly learn and grow further
- Experience in the area of software development
- Familiarity with the development of mobile applications
- Experience with game development tools, such as the Unity Engine
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay a contribution towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons