Technical Game Producer (f/m/d)
About Klang Games
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED GAME STUDIO THAT HAS CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION AT ITS CORE. WE AIM TO EXPLORE THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape that promises to open up new horizons in gaming.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is looking for a Technical Producer (f/m/d) who enjoys working in a collaborative and creative work environment. You have a passion for games and the technology behind them. In this function, you will work with our Tools, Rendering and in-house UI engine teams, and other key stakeholders, to ensure the development process runs smoothly. You will be the voice of our technology within the Production Discipline and help other Producers understand the technical impact their decisions will have. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project and join a team that offers strong career growth, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Be a major part of the Production Discipline, managing our Technical and Infrastructure development teams and being the bridge between those teams and our more gameplay focused teams.
- Work with the Technical teams to breakdown design specifications and identify technical requirements
- Working closely with engineering to plan and define work, risks, dependencies, opportunities and production improvements.
- Work with the CTO and Lead Engineers shape and drive the future technical roadmap.
- Providing Production feedback on technical designs for all high-risk/high-impact systems.
- Support the approval process for technical designs and best practices
- Facilitate the sharing of technical knowledge and learnings across the studio’s development teams.
- Stay abreast of global technology advancements to identify opportunities to progress qualitative standards.
- Assist other Production teammates with technical questions and decisions.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- 3+ years as a Senior Programmer, a programming generalist who’s self-motivated - a team player and takes the lead facilitating breakdown of complex tasks.
- Experience with Agile Project Management
- Experience with C#, or similar programming languages
- Experience managing coders and discussing estimations
- Understand data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimization skills
- Motivated and well organized, with a strong urge to proactively solve problems as they arise by providing constructive feedback and proposals with solutions
- Good knowledge in game systems programming and development
- Experience with modern commercial games engines such as Unity
- Someone who is comfortable communicating technical subjects to other disciplines in an efficient and effective manner
- An appreciation of the roles, responsibilities and challenges within other disciplines
- Experience with GitHub, Confluence and Jira.
- Experience with back-end and devops technologies (SQL, GCE, K8S, .NetCore)
- Previous experience in a Lead or Producer/Project Manager role
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile AC units for hot summers
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.