Senior Producer (f/m/d)
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECT MATTER AND GAMEPLAY IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is looking for a Senior Producer (f/m/d) who enjoys working in a collaborative and creative work environment. You have a passion for games and understand that we facilitate other disciplines. In this function, you will work with your Feature Team and other key stakeholders to ensure the development process runs smoothly. You excel in a senior leadership position where members of your team, and members of the Production discipline, will come to you for help and support. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project and join a team that offers strong career growth, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone who has a passion for games with complex systems, who is curious to learn new things and to teach them back to an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment, solving problems proactively with an eye for “the big picture”.
What you will do:
- Become a key member in an expanding Production team, facilitating game development teams. Taking on, at least, one of our existing Feature Teams as the Producer. Besides working with your Feature Team, you will coordinate with others key stakeholders and departments to ensure the team is delivering what is best for the game
- Support the rest of the Core Team with the creation, maintenance, and prioritization of long-term Development Roadmaps in Jira
- Lead and/or support workflow processes working with teams to drive and deliver core features
- Manage activities including planning, documentation, tracking progress, and identifying areas of risk
- Support sprint coordination running all scrum ceremonies and providing presentations on progress
- Work with other senior Production staff, refining and sharing our production methods and learnings across the studio. You will support more junior members of the Production Team to ensure work is being delivered on time and to a high standard
- Be responsible for maintaining your Team’s Jira spaces, as well as supporting other Production team members with their Jira spaces
- Generate performance & KPI reports (e.g. burndown) for a variety of stakeholders
Who we think will be a great fit:
- 5+ years working in Production / Project Management in the games industry
- Excellent knowledge of game development workflows and processes
- Understanding of project management methodologies such as lean, agile, and waterfall
- Experience with modern commercial game engines such as Unity
- Able to work independently and have a high degree of individual initiative
- Great at managing, motivating and supporting multiple teams and planning work to create realistic deliverables
- An appreciation of the roles, responsibilities, and challenges within other disciplines
- Great at thinking critically, and applying analytical skills to facilitate complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written in English on a professional level
- Good experience working with Google Workspace tools, Miro, Confluence, and extensive experience with Jira, including best practices for breakdowns, estimation, tracking, and generating reports as well as roadmaps
- Previously worked the full life cycle of game development, from preproduction to release
- Previous experience working on large scale MMO games
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily - once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.