KIXEYE is currently looking for a UI Designer/Artist for cutting edge mobile games. On the design side, you’ll be responsible for designing versatile, highly usable layouts and interfaces. On the Art side, helping create an impressive, consistent visual style, including iconography, buttons and other elements related to the UI.
What you get to do everyday:
- Gather design requirements from appropriate stakeholders
- Work with UX Lead, Art Direction and Engineering to create a beautiful and consistent visual design throughout our titles.
- Provide comprehensive designs for new game features, specifying layout, functionality, flow, feedback and animations.
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user interfaces within product requirements and deadlines.
What you bring to the role:
- At least 3 years of experience in UI design.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating your UI Design and UI Art skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with typography, graphic design, motion design and iconography.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for UI/UX and keeping current with recent usability trends and best practices.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe CC Suite (mostly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience working with XD, Figma, Sketch or another wireframing tool.
- Open minded and collaborative approach to UI with the ability to take direction and constructive feedback and use it to create aesthetically pleasing, easy to use solutions.
- Self-motivated worker with ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines.
- A desire to grow your skill sets and broaden your experience.
- Passionate about the product! Become an expert - if you aren’t already - in the types of games we are making.
- A demonstrable love of video games; you're somebody that plays video games for fun on your own time, regardless of employment.
Stuff that helps:
- Experience working in a game development team as a UI designer or artist
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage schedules and identify project needs and priorities.
- Comfortable with implementing UI assets in Unity or a similar UI system
- Strong knowledge of current mobile games.
- Mobile design experience.
- Please note this job will be filled in either Canada (Victoria), Australia (Brisbane or Melbourne) or Vietnam (HCMC)