Are you someone that puts the user first and enjoys collaborating with different team members? We're looking for a UX Designer for the Candy Crush Saga team to join us and utilise their design experience and UX knowledge to create an amazing player experience. Are you excited to grow your skills in the games industry and collaborate with your team to help improve design processes and work with product stakeholders? If you feel this is you, then we'd love for you to apply!
Your role within the Kingdom
If you are passionate about meaningfully contributing to creating immersive, intuitive user experiences and delighting millions of players, then this is the ideal role for you.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with designers (game, UI, level, economy, narrative, UX Writers) to create and uphold the UX vision for the game.
- Partner with product stakeholders and understand how to use data to help guide game and feature improvements.
- Embracing a healthy feedback culture; we encourage our UX designers to give and receive constructive feedback as we strive to make even better products together.
- Represent the players’ needs through analysis, empathy and balancing them with our business needs.
- Present your design work and articulate and justify your design decisions within your feature team and other stakeholders through excellent communication skills.
- Effectively analyze data from user research projects.
- Occasionally lead and conduct qualitative studies that contribute to a better understanding of our players and persona definitions.
- Advocate for HCI (Human Computer Interaction) principles are adhered to and ensure design proposals demonstrate these principles.
- Great communication skills.
- You have experience in Visual Communication and Prototyping.
- You are familiar with the fundamentals of Interaction Design and Information Architecture.
- Good understanding of HCI principles.
- Designing for Accessibility and Inclusion.
- Follows a Design Thinking process.
- Help facilitate workshops with a cross- functional team.
- Experience working in Figma.
- Experience conducting qualitative research.
- Experience with guidance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and its processes.
- Mobile game development experience.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.