Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a technical product manager to be a member of our Incident Management team at King. This position is a combination of Product Management and Data Analytics. You’ll work with multiple departments across the Kingdom, including game teams, shared tech, infrastructure, data teams to detect various types of game related incidents. A large part of your role will be to act as a product manager on strategic projects, such as real- time anomaly detection where we work with external parties. You’ll work with best- in- class tools, including modern AI solutions for anomaly detection and monitoring.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be working collaboratively across all parts of the business to crack company- wide problems in how we operate our business. Reporting to a Senior Director of Incident & Service Operations, you will:
- Lead our main project of real- time anomaly detection that detects short term and long- term anomalies/trend shift on company KPIs
- Understand the real- time data landscape at King and thrive for opportunities to innovate new ways to detect incidents, analyze both business and technical trends
- Measure and evaluate how the product that you own are used to ensure that the they solve the right problems
- Foster strong relationships with other key functions across King, such as Game Studios and Shared Tech Engineering, as well as to support their needs around monitoring and anomaly detection
- Work closely with the Incident Operation team, to improve operational KPIs such as time- to- detection, catch- rate, and quality of alerting
- Generate ad- hoc data visualization (reporting, dashboards) during on- going incident investigation, deliver actionable insights that can support and drive impactful decisions
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner, with an understanding of data visualisation and the importance of drawing accurate conclusions from multiple data sources
- Recognize opportunities and risks in anomaly detection and incident prevention area
Skills to create thrills
You are a passionate problem solver. You have the ability to draw data driven business insights that will add real value to King. You can recognize the needs of your stakeholders and understand the technical requirements for the solutions. You have experience working with modern technologies.
- Experience working in a commercial data team, providing business insights and models which lead to data informed business decisions
- Experience in managing stakeholder relations
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualizing or reporting your results/analysis so that they are clear and unambiguous
- Great relationship building skills and experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- Experience working with a product lifecycle, prioritizing backlog, managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience building data models, proficiency with SQL and Python
- Experience with Git and development process
- Experience working with API’s
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong Technical understanding or Technical background
- Solid understanding or enthusiasm for the games industry
- Experience with Anomaly Detection tools and processes
- Open to feedback as a way of learning and improving
- Pragmatic problem- solver – someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.