Tech Director - Loyalty
As a technical leader within Loyalty, the Tech Director will shape the future of Kings Loyalty Platform and the infrastructure which supports them. Working closely with the teams to implement the product vision, enabling our loyalty proposition and develop engineering practices as well as a great architecture to support the business now and well into the future.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a talented technical leader:
- You’ll have the challenge of setting the overall tech direction and vision for Loyalty in combination with the rest of the leadership team
- Take responsibility for high level architecture and evolve it to meet the product vision and business needs
- Lead key projects within Loyalty such as GCP migration from a technical point of view
- Build a lasting relationship and communication bridges with other teams and Studios at King, to ensure the integrations with the games are well understood and fulfilled
- Act as technical contact point both for Shared Tech and 3rd parties, as such will have a very deep understanding of the tech stack and be able to clearly communicate both the business value and the technical solutions
- Assess opportunities for Loyalty to leverage the best technology available by using the Build Buy Partner principle
- Work with the teams to ensure that processes are in place to ensure the right tradeoffs between quality and delivery speed
- Perform code reviews
- Work with the team to set coding standards and ensure they are followed
- Support and encourage best practices
- Accountable for technical quality
- Facilitate inclusive technical discussions within the team, act as the tie breaker where necessary
- Work with the teams to on board new developers, ensure the team is set up to give new joiners a great experience and get them productive ASAP
- Participate in Tech Director forums
- Together with the Loyalty leadership team ensure there is capacity within team to meet the business needs
Skills to create thrills:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with experienced inter- department tech communication
- Excellent Incident and Crisis management, you remain calm and methodically work through the process from mitigation to retrospective and feed the results back into our day to day operations
- Ability to clearly document and present technical detail for a variety of audiences
- Ability to facilitate discussions, ensure everyone participates and that a path forward
- Ability to architect and understand cloud services which support Loyalty platform as backend platform.
- Deep understanding of high scalability
- Ability mentor and guide developers and the team on technical aspects
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.