Senior UX Researcher
UX & UI
Our players' experience comes first at King. As a UX researcher, you'll make use of your passion for games, UX, and user research to help teams grow in their player insights mindset and knowledge. We want the player’s voice to be present in more conversations and to become even more player- centric.
You'll work with business managers, data scientists, UI/UX specialists, game designers and developers as well as other UX researchers to help answer the most challenging questions they face around design and players.
You'll inspire positive change at all stages of game development by conducting research and delivering findings via direct team collaboration, presentations, training and reports.
Most importantly, your job as a UX researcher is to help the team understand who the players are and what would make our players' experiences even better with your toolbox of research methods.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
- Work closely with product teams to help them understand various research methods and inspire them to integrate these practices into their schedules, dev cycles, and codebases via proper instrumentation.
- Design, plan and execute UX research projects for the different The Lab games.
- Work closely with designers (UX designers, game designers, level designers), product managers, data scientists and engineers to identify and answer research questions.
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams that shape their medium and long term strategy.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations, all the way up to executive leadership.
- Develop and innovate on current King’s user research practices.
- Contribute to company- wide research strategy.
Skills to Create Thrills
- Demonstrated experience in user research roles from current/previous positions
- Relevant bachelor's (experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, information science, human factors, or related field). Advanced degree preferred.
- Passionate about gaming and the people who play games.
- Passionate about user research as well as "know how" of current trends.
- Willingness to innovate and go "off script" to help teams with challenging constraints.
- Demonstrated experience helping organizations improve their research methods.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- A broad range of extensive knowledge in the areas of research design, qualitative and quantitative methods applied in a business environment.
- Proven ability to translate findings into actionable product improvements.
- Experience partnering with business and data science specialists for learning exchange.
- Experience with ethnographic research methods
- Experience working on mobile titles
- Knowledge of, and an interest in free- to- play best- practices
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.