Senior UX Designer, Fiction Factory
UX & UI
Join us and create the tools that we use to make the world’s best mobile games!
You will be working with an amazing group of engineers to continuously improve our amazing internal game engine. Focused to give game teams a faster, more intuitive and enjoyable way to create brilliant experiences for our players.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of user centered design processes, as well as good knowledge of visual design principles and user interface best practices.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Drive the product UX vision and strategy for the development team and the users.
- Collaborate with our Product Manager, UX designers and developers to execute all UX related deliverables.
- Develop end- to- end solutions, from exploration, research and conceptualisation to interaction and final end user interface designs.
- Bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex user flows and interactions while dealing with technical challenges.
- Create wires, user flows and prototypes based on user feedback to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and validate designs and key deliverables to peers and game team users (stakeholders)
- Establish and promote inside the team a user- centric design approach, best practices and standards leveraging a higher UX awareness for all involved.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working with complex desktop applications for specialized users.
- Ability to create concepts at varying levels of fidelity as part of a well rounded set of visual communication skills.
- Loves forming relationships with individuals as well as larger groups of users, for great continuous written and oral communication and collaboration.
- Great passion for usability and a strong focus on the end users of a system.
- Strong working knowledge of the standard tools like Sketch, Adobe XD and similar.
- Pragmatic approach to manage several parallel design tracks.
Tasty bonus skills
- Game development experience.
- Experience working with creative desktop applications in the field of create design (3D, animation, graphics design, audio production, game engines etc)
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!