Senior Java Backend Developer
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
We are looking for Java Backend Developers that will take pride in creating the very best bite sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide.
Your role within our Kingdom
The engineering team in Barcelona is responsible for building complex, high- scale, real- time systems, working closely with other parts of the business to support the marketing activities for our popular games. We are looking for a senior developer with strong practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
You will among other things:
- Take responsibility for the quality of what the team creates, helping to establish good practices.
- Weight in on technical decisions, facilitating decision making and contributing to the department technology.
- Help the team grow, both in number, supporting the hiring process, and personally, mentoring team members into clean code and quality mindset.
- Design, architect and help implement features required to have healthy tools
- Deliver code and supporting documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible
- Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
- Ensure our systems perform, and are reliable, scalable and secure.
Skills to create thrills
In our opinion, programming experience and dedication for quality technology as well as the willingness to share great ideas are equally valued. Are you passionate? Are you a creative team player?
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong Computer Science fundamentals, Design Patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
- Is fluent in modern Java, experienced in databases and web development in general.
- Is proficient in web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Writes high- quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
- Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly
- Is a team player, has good communication skills and can easily work with new people
- Is used to shell scripting and UNIX environments.
- Is an engineer and not scared of SOLID, TDD or other acronyms.
- Is a team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Strives to be a genius in their area of expertise.
- Used to TDD
- Knowledge of GCP
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.