Senior Game Designer - Monetisation (Candy Crush)
Are you a Game Design Maestro and an Economy Whiz? How would you like to help shape a beloved game that impacts countless peoples’ lives every day?
We are looking for a talented and creative Senior Game Designer interested in designing fun and engaging shopping experiences for our players. You will get the opportunity to be part of a great team, working with an industry leading and genre defining game with over 200 million active players.
Your role within the Kingdom
As a Senior Game Designer in the In- App Purchase team of Candy Crush, you will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll own and drive the design process to create purchase experiences that deliver amazing value for our players.
- Drive the discovery process for strategic bets related to player purchase experience.
- Channel understanding of behavioural economics to design effective monetisation features and systems.
- Actively seek and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to generate insights on player behaviour and motivations.
- Work with product managers, UX designers, data scientists and production teams to deliver fun, top quality shopping experiences for our players.
- Provide clear feature documentation.
- Collaborate with operational teams to maximize live ops impact.
- Keep up with f2p monetisation trends and best practises. Share learnings with the team.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the game design team to create features that work well with the entire game ecosystem.
- Innovative – Ability to conceptualize, document, and develop innovative ways to improve game monetisation
- Track Record - Have a consistent record of designing high performing monetisation features and/or stores for live games.
- Analytical Thinker – Ability to perform post release analysis, generate insights, and make recommendations.
- Player focused – Strong desire to get what you are working on in front of players as quickly as possible to learn what works and what needs to be improved.
- Communication and people skills – Effective communicator who can rally a multidisciplinary team behind your vision.
- Experience in digital sales/online & ecommerce business
- Education in behavioural economics
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.