(Closed) Senior Game Artist - Pet Rescue Saga
We are looking for a Senior Game Artist to join our team and help grow one of our well- known and loved games, Pet Rescue Saga.
Pet Rescue Saga, one of the first King mobile games, is in an exciting phase of growth and rejuvenation right now, making it an exciting time to join the team.
Your role within our Kingdom
Working closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers, you will work on our next batch of exciting features and your contributions will be key to shaping the future of Pet Rescue Saga.
To be successful, you will need to be a great team player and a versatile artist, who is interested in being involved in the whole development process, working on initial concepts and designs through to final assets and bringing your ideas to life in game.
Skills to create thrills
- A creative person with a passion for games who has worked in the gaming (or similar) industry
- A skilled artist who delivers high quality artwork, with experience creating appealing casual game assets (characters, backgrounds, objects, UI assets)
- Great concept art skills with a good eye for composition and colour (characters, backgrounds, objects, UI)
- Experience in creating beautiful 2D digital art using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in UI and UX
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills and helping more junior members of the team.
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Capability to work independently and strong organizational skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty bonus skills
- These are not required but would be an added bonus!
- Experience from working in an agile project environment.
- Previous experience from creating casual games
- Skills in animation and special effects
- Experience as being part of a cross functional team
- Experience with game engines
- Skills in Maya or other 3D software
- Experience with game jams and prototyping
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!