Senior Full-stack Developer, Fiction Factory
Technology & Development
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer that will join our engine team which is empowering hundreds of developers to provide entertainment for millions of players every day. Our team of great engineers is looking to grow with experienced developers with good customer focused mindsets.
Your role within our Kingdom
Our engine team needs an experienced Full Stack Developer to work on improving and maintaining tools used internally by our team and by other game teams. You will be responsible for developing, refining and designing tools that impact workflows of hundreds of developers.
You should have great communication skills, as you will work closely with people from different crafts to create the best possible products.
Self- Driving attitude combined with the hunger for improvements and seeking for challenges is a key part of that role.
You will among other things:
- Work on our internal crash analytics tools supporting all our live titles.
- Develop and maintain several smaller services that are used by our team.
- Work on visualization and automation tools for our engine and editor testing.
- Improve our solution for bootstrapping WebAssembly based games.
- Migrate our internal services from dedicated servers to GCP.
- Share your knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team.
Skills to create thrills
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience within a software engineering related field.
- Front end and back end full stack development experience.
- Proficiency in development of the client side using modern tools like TypeScript, React, Webpack alongside with best practices for CSS and HTML5.
- Proficiency in modern server side Java development.
- Experience in Python development and Flask framework.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Experience using Git or other version control systems.
- Focus on writing high quality code, that is easy to maintain and read by others.
- Excellent communicator in English.
- Practical experience with Cloud technologies: Preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with other programming languages. Preferably: C++, C
- Experience in designing and implementing RPC protocols.
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL.
- Knowledge of Linux systems from the perspective of the server side development (DevOps).
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.