Senior Engineering Manager, Content
Technology & Development
As an engineering manager at King your primary responsibility is to be a servant leader to the team you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, focusing rather on delivering great outcome features and not so much on the output. You are a constant ambassador of innovation in the team. You have a technical background in software development, so you’ll be able to challenge and grow your team members. You will partner with Product Managers and Agile Coaches to define strategy and execution for the team.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will support the team to ensure a timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs while advocating advance modern, agile software development practices and helping develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices. You will grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values and culture. You will be an active part of the engineering management community and collaborate with the product organisation. You will be based in Barcelona or Stockholm.
Expected core activities:
- You will build and manage a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands- on career development
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with the team, product manager, agile coach, and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver extraordinary user features
- Empower the team in their delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and promote modern, agile software development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow and embody a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Take an active part of the team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Help drive innovation in the team
- Grow the technical expertise in the team
- Help to establish and advocate best quality practices across the organization
- Accountable for the execution of the team
Skills to create thrills
Our ideal Engineering manager is passionate about technology and what it can do for our different business areas and players of King games, and thrives when developing great people, not just great software and products. Key skills you should have include:
- Solid experience managing tech teams, and successfully solving many of the tough organisational challenges that follow. You will be comfortable leading teams comprised of 10 to 20 people.
- You have the ability to inspire, grow, lead and develop a team to high performance standards.
- Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval and forward momentum.
- You have experience building meaningful products. You are focused around the outcome over the output.
- You demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Application needs to be in English.