If you want to create technology that enables game teams to deliver entertainment for millions of players then this is the job for you. We are looking for a Senior C++ Developer to drive innovation and collaboration across multiple teams at King. You will work across teams to facilitate both architectural decisions and hands- on development to support building features and tech. You should have a broad range of knowledge and be able to execute on complex technical plans. The ability to see long- term goals or project objectives is crucial as you monitor the development in real- time to determine how we should support and assist development.
Your role within the Kingdom
With us, you'll get to work at the forefront of the mobile gaming business, in an energised and fun environment. At King, you're always right in the middle of the team, contributing with not only your programming skills but also with your passion for games and how to build them. You will be responsible for building tech that will help game teams continue to make our games great. Naturally you'll share your knowledge and skills with the rest of the team and King.
Some bite- sized bullet points of the job description are:
- Design, architect, test and implement technology for games
- Work closely with our shared technology teams to plan current and future needs of games along with the rest of the team
- Work with game teams to create and plan roadmaps for your team
- Leverage our infrastructure and systems to help make technology for game teams better
- Take an active part in planning for and executing technology changes
- Share knowledge
Skills to create thrills
You have a great passion for programming and are committed to quality and are excited to explore new technologies and techniques for building the best solutions. You are genuinely passionate about games, developing and leveraging technology to make them better. You need to care for the professional development of your peers and their wellbeing. As a developer, you are also analytical and interested in understanding the whole tech stack. And, of course, you’ll need to know what makes a good game.
- Passion for games and software development
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Excellent at managing communication with multiple teams
- High sense of quality
- Ability to develop on multiple platforms and understand a variety of technology stacks
- Ability to work on a large codebase.
- Ability to create common solutions that work across different projects
- Ability to work closely with cross- discipline teams to understand their needs
- Working knowledge of a secondary programming language(s)
- Experience working on live games
- Experience developing libraries
- Experience building tools for game development
- Experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience with build tools like CMake or gradle
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.