Senior Business Performance Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Business Performance Analyst to be a member of our growing Central Analytics team at King. Working with stakeholders from across King, you will provide critical insights into the state and trend of our business that enable better decision making and drive impact. Your work will be crucial to help push the boundaries of how we understand our players and games. As part of the Central Analytics team, you will set the standard for outstanding, holistic business insights. Your reporting will seamlessly combine King’s own data with player insights and market intelligence.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be working collaboratively across all parts of the business to crack company- wide problems in how we can grow our business.
Reporting to a Director of Central Analytics, you will:
- Deliver actionable insights that can support and drive impactful decisions
- Work with the Central Analytics team to lead the business, including King’s Leadership Team, in understanding key performance trends and identifying opportunities for growth
- Provide accurate data, insights, analysis and forecasts for decision makers and stakeholders
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on our portfolio of games and player network
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner, with an understanding of data visualisation and the importance of drawing accurate conclusions from multiple data sources
- Foster strong relationships with other key functions across King, such as Finance, Corporate Strategy and Marketing
- As a member of Central Analytics, the wider CIA and the whole data community at King, strive to deliver high quality, impactful data deliverables
- Ensure your work is delivered in context of our business, industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking
Skills to create thrills
You are a highly analytical, passionate problem solver. You have the ability to draw data driven business insights that will add real value to King. You are proactive and demonstrate the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience working in a commercial data team, providing business insights and models which lead to data informed business decisions
- You can see the forest, not just trees. You understand the problems and opportunities from a player and a business perspective, and then find the right data, analysis or interpretation to translate into actionable insights
- Methodological and pragmatic with a hands- on approach that can get straight to the point when needed
- Strong communication skills: you can communicate the most complex insights concisely and clearly in writing and in person
- Great relationship building skills and experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- Masters or PhD Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics. Economics, Engineering or similar field or work experience
- Highly proficient in SQL as well as Python or R for numerical analysis
- Prior experience in an industry with very short implementation cycles such as e- commerce, online products/services or games
- Experience in working with highly- skilled peers in analytics, data science and engineering, consumer research, and Business Performance
- Solid understanding or enthusiasm for the games industry
- Skills to create reports and dashboards that allow teams to understand and optimize initiatives using tools such as Python/R, Looker and BigQuery (GCS)
- Knowledge of and/or interest in dashboard & reporting tools
- Open to feedback as a way of learning and improving
- Pragmatic problem- solver – someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.