Senior Backend Developer - Game Operations Platform
We are looking for a talented senior backend developer to shape the future of King’s Unified Platform, the place where teams build applications to monitor, grow and monetize some of the most popular mobile games in the world such as Candy Crush Saga. Our platform contains a suite of software products designed to provide a central, high- quality, robust and extensible toolset with a consistent and stable user experience.
The Unified Platform Foundations consists of 3 cross functional teams that aim to provide a competitive technical ecosystem that allows internal teams to easily build applications and deliver to the platform without worrying about the infrastructure. We provide a common game operation portal for exposing game operation tools, service framework for building and consuming services and a developer portal for exposing self- service and tech documentation.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a member of the Unified Platform Foundations team, you will play an important role to influence how technology evolves at King and how King teams develop their internal applications that bring great value to our games. You will work closely with your teammates in an agile environment and you will do product discovery, pair/mob programming and code reviews in GitHub.
Your responsibilities might include:
- Develop new platform features that improve developer experience throughout the application lifecycle
- Develop and maintain backend libraries, frameworks, core APIs and self- service tools inside the King GCP ecosystem.
- Build and maintain the developer community to increase the adoption of our technology.
- Collaborate with developers and infrastructure teams to keep evolving the platform architecture.
Skills to create thrills
- Good experience working with backend services using Java and modern Java frameworks and standards
- Good experience developing service APIs
- A desire to learn new technologies and programming languages across the stack
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle
- Experience running containerized Java application with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Cloud Build
- Experience of using service discovery solutions in the cloud such as Istio and Consul
- Experience with identity and access management
- Enjoys working in a dev- ops culture
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.