(Closed) Quantitative Research Lead
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King’s Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be responsible for leading advanced data science within the measurement and insights team of our advertising business. The core part of the role revolves around development and maintenance of measurement research product development. Other responsibilities include marketing analytics, methodological vetting of third party measurement solutions, ad hoc data queries, and leading our data science team to structure internal data for the needs of the sales, marketing, measurement, and insights teams.
- This role will work alongside the head of Quantitative Research (QR) and the rest of the Marketing, Measurement, & Insights (MMI) team to inform and carry out the roadmap for quantitative research related to ad effectiveness at ABM.
- Oversee methodological vetting of third party measurement solutions to ensure that measurement vendors maintain a high bar for quality and rigor that fairly represents the efficacy of the ads platform.
- Develop data pipelines using SQL in order to help readily provide metrics that inform learnings for MMI & Sales on the efficacy of the platform.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis to determine best practices among advertising campaigns to yield successful branding and offline sales lift outcomes.
- Work alongside the ad product team to set the methodological criteria and help develop internal measurement solutions.
- Perform ad hoc data queries to provide audience insights to internal and external constituents.
- Develop and architect measurement solutions for evaluating ad effectiveness for clients.
Skills to create thrills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of python
- Proficiency with VCS (e.g. Git) and some understanding of git strategics (e.g. gitflow, oneflow)
- Understanding of software engineering best practices (OOP, functional programming, testing, logging, etc.); willingness to develop software architecture skills
- Strong SQL skills, up to joining techniques, windowing functions, and array / struct functions in any dialect; Google BigQuery a plus
- Efficiency in visualization of data in R (ggplot2) or Python (preferably Altair). Willingness to learn visualization best practices
- Strong sense of algorithmic imputation and efficiency; able to merge statistical principles with reproducibility and productization
- BA/BS in quantitative discipline such as data science or computer science. MA/MS/PhD preferred in a quantitative discipline a plus
- Excellent ability to communicate analytics to a non-technical audience
- Experience in driving an analytic plan from gathering of data to insights and business savvy recommendations drawn from the inferential analytic models
- Strong presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on explaining both the methodology and insights derived from statistical models
- Interest in gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.) is advantageous
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.