Product Manager – Game Operations Platform
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the Core Platform organisation to shape the future of our Game Operations Platform where King teams provide tools to operate some of the biggest and best mobile games in the world.
Our vision is to make our platform the most popular path to develop and expose tools for King games while improving the productivity of our game developers and operators. For this vision our strategy is to streamline tool development while ensuring consistency of user experience across platform tools.
Our customers are both the tool developers and the users of these tools.
Expected contract period is: October 25th - September 3th with possibility of extension
Your role within our Kingdom
- As the product manager of the Game Operations Platform team, your responsibility is to make sure we are solving the right problems for our users in a way that works for our business.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously collaborating with our users to discover underserved needs
- Integrating product discovery and rapid learning to the team's way of working
- Helping the teams with understanding and prioritising the most important needs
- Working side by side with the Product Director to formulate, validate and update the product vision and strategy
- Defining, tracking and acting on product performance metrics
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and other functions (such as engineering, design, legal, marketing etc..) to align initiatives across the organization
- Communicate with our users, other teams and leadership effectively to gain support for our vision and strategy.
Skills to create thrills
- At least 2 years experience working as Product Manager/Owner or a similar role in an agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development best practices
- Good understanding of Lean Product Management, Design Thinking and Lean UX practices
- Ability to create agreements across different teams, stakeholders and leadership with effective communication skills
- Passion for building products that people love to use
- Bonus points:
- Experience working with products that have developers as customers.
- Experience with platform products
- Experience with game operations
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.