Java Backend Developer, Innovation Team
We are looking for Java Backend Developers that will help our Innovation and Development team fulfil our primary objective to pioneer new products, processes and systems at a company level. Our team, by leveraging our diverse knowledge and skill sets, ideates and executes improvements implementing tools that impact other teams capacity, delivery time and cost. We are looking for a mid- level developer able to build complex, high- scale, real- time systems, with some practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
- Build valuable tools to support all departments within Development Services and resolve operational inefficiencies.
- Develop and maintain robust, scalable, reusable, data driven tools
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a strong team player, able to work in a fast-paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
- Experience in Java, databases and web development in general.
- Used to UNIX environments.
- No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, design patterns and Object-Oriented knowledge
- Design, architect, test and implement features in core services
- Deliver high quality and well- structured code
- Knowledge of concurrency and scalability
- Experience in TDD
- NoSQL and BigData experience
- Work in an Agile environment, or you are interested in agile development.
- Experience with any other programming languages, preferably Python or C++
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Application needs to be in English.