Java Backend Developer - Candy Crush
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Backend Developer, you promote your code to our production systems and look after it while in production. Together with your colleagues, you will take a lead on creating and maintaining the back end of our casual games. As part of the development team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
- Design, architect, and implement server features required to support new game functionality, platform enhancements, and releases.
- Ensure high performance, reliability, and scalability of the backend infrastructure.
- Deliver code of the highest quality through good design.
- Attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
- Comfortable working on a live game product with millions of users every day
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies that serve millions of users every day. You are a good communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. You are excited about doing what’s best for the game, and adaptable enough to work on different things as the game moves between phases.
Other skills include:
- Able to work closely with client developers to ensure we’re building the right things
- Strong experience with Java, databases and caching
- Familiar working with UNIX environments, bash and git
- Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Familiarity with testing frameworks and TDD
- Experience with build tools (e.g. Jenkins), and cloud hosting (e.g. GCP)
- Experience analyzing technical health and performance metrics
- Experience operating a backend system with live users
- Modern web client development frameworks, eg: AngularJS, ReactJS
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.