Engineering Manager, Cloud Governance
Reporting to the Associate Director of Cloud & Infrastructure , the Cloud Foundations Team Manager will be leading King’s Cloud Foundations team. The team manages Public Cloud Governance at King, with an additional focus of facilitating cloud Adoption and Advocating for Cloud Native technologies.
Your role within the Kingdom
- Engage and align with the AD of IT Cloud & Infrastructure to establish short, medium and long term plans and to adjust to shifting priorities and emerging goals.
- Act as a Tech Leader for the Cloud Foundations team, influencing the team’s technical decisions and goals,
- Collaborate in the technical implementations and act as a quality gateway. You'll be working hands on when it is required.
- Act as a Team Leader for the Cloud Foundations team, taking care of their wellbeing and career path. Managing and mentoring a group of highly experienced engineers.
- Manage the team’s processes, work planning, capacity and output.
- Communicate and engage with King´s Tech community to understand current challenges and risks and anticipate problems.
- Serve as a point of contact for Cloud Foundations specific problems.
- Be an advocate for industry best practices and market trends.
Skills To Create Thrills
- Display technical excellence in Cloud Native technologies as well as multidisciplinary capabilities in coding, networking, security, governance, project management, etc.
- A track record of being able to plan and deliver solutions that take into account both current and future needs.
- Being able to move forward when the path is not necessarily clear.
- Good judgment and vision, speaking both technical and business languages.
- Down to earth and capable of working in a diverse organisation.
- Being a good team player and embracing all of King values.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the company.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.