Director ABK Mobile Partnership
Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and is recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world; has approximately 10,000 employees; and its games are played in 196 countries. Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Diablo®, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Candy Crush, and many others. We're composed of three operating segments: Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, and King Digital Entertainment and some of the most talented development studios on the planet, including Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, and Toys for Bob. We are well- positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres, and business models. Activision Blizzard believes in developing talent across the organization and at all levels through a variety of development opportunities, including job development, mentor relationships and formal training. The company is a big believer that the most meaningful professional growth often happens through stretch assignments and special projects, but they also offer some great employee development experiences. Additionally, they view themselves as a community of people who love to have fun together, and employee camaraderie is fueled by the passion for their products, their industry and future opportunities for the company and its people. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website.
The Mobile Partnerships Team at Activision Blizzard King drives partner collaboration that fuels growth across our leading portfolio of mobile games. We are looking for an experienced, motivated, highly organized and execution- oriented individual to lead initiatives with the largest mobile distribution platforms. You’ll play an instrumental role in ABK’s partnerships with the largest mobile distribution platforms, setting strategic priorities and roadmap, executing on growth initiatives, and communicating cross functionally. You will work alongside various internal teams and have a proven ability to foster strong partnerships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and mobile platforms (e.g. Apple, Google) to drive company objectives.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the platforms within Mobile Partnerships team.
- Evaluate, evangelize, resource, and support new growth initiatives and technologies offered by platform partners (e.g. new distribution channels/features, monetization features, hardware, core tech, or marketing initiatives)
- Support new games from pre- launch strategy through to launch and beyond, by working closely with platforms and game teams throughout all stages
- Share regular performance updates with executive management, platform partners and game teams to support growth and drive execution of joint strategic initiatives
- Manage team’s day- to- day product and technical requests, operations, and issues between internal teams and platform partners. Skills to Create Thrills
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record, MBA nice to have
- Five to ten years of strategy, consulting or related partner management or business operations experience in a gaming, media, entertainment or consumer web/mobile services company.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex problems, leading to developing and communicating recommendations and action plans to senior management.
- Analytical, with experience driving analyses and recommendations with data- driven framework.
- Proficient in MS Excel/Google Sheets and MS PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Excellent project management skills in managing external and internal stakeholders to execute recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to work well in a cross- functional and cross- cultural team environment.
- Excellent oral and communications skills to express complex and analytical concepts with clarity.
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and see it through resolution.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.