Database Site Reliability Engineer - Technology
At King, millions of players connect every day to play our games. Our mission to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more meaningful than it is today.
Do you want to sneak a peek behind the scenes of Candy Crush?
We operate a hybrid infrastructure, both on-premise and cloud hosting, that handles more than 100 billion of events flows through our streaming infrastructure and platform every day. We are looking for someone eager to engineer resilient solutions at scale to strengthen the heart of this ecosystem.
As a part of our networking team, you will be responsible for our data center network- fabric, edge routers, and load balancers. We believe you are a team player with a great inclusive culture and a solutions-oriented person with a passion for solving problems programmatically through iterative and continuous improvement.
Your role within our Kingdom
Our job is to build effective, stable and reliable large scale infrastructure tools and services for our platforms, games and product teams. We strive to empower developers to be autonomous and flexible. We continuously work to create self-service models for our tech in close collaboration with development teams.
We Care Deeply About Our Culture And Believe In
- An inclusive and diverse workplace
- Asking for help and sharing ideas openly
- Collaboration and blame-free respectful problem solving
- Automation and coding as much as possible
- Continuous improvement of everything we do
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure platform servicing all of our games, as well as environments for developers and supporting tech like observability, log management and event transport. This includes everything from working in our data centers, writing code for full-stack orchestration and automation to troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
For this role you will join the team responsible for hundreds of shared MySQL database instances serving more than a million queries per second at sub-millisecond latency serving the state of all our King games.
Skills To Create Thrills
- Experience working with MySQL production environments
- Development skills in Python, and some knowledge of Perl, SQL, Java, or similar
- Experience automating and orchestrating distributed systems as well as creating internal tools such as service discovery integrations or metrics pipelines
- Knowledge of monitoring systems like OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Graphite, log management systems like Graylog or ELK
- Orchestration frameworks like SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform etc
- Comfortable with the Linux command line & its performance tools
- Able to communicate proficiently in written and spoken English
We think that you are a curious, humble, driven, collaborative, and responsible person who loves to work with infrastructure as code.
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions every day through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
It's an exciting time to join King. We're challenging ourselves to dream bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. Together we’ll create new experiences that raise the bar. Through creativity and innovation, we'll redefine the world of games again and again.