Do you want to help Candy Crush Soda Saga players enjoy their game even more? What about having a direct impact in what millions of people are playing?
We are looking for a talented and creative Senior Data Scientist to join the Candy Crush Soda Saga team. You will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
This role can be based from Barcelona, London, or Stockholm
Your role within the Kingdom
As a Data Scientist in the Candy Crush Soda Saga team, you will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB- tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation, taking care to correctly track the right information to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of our games
- Provide insights to support decision making for the game
- Work closely with other Data Scientists across the business to leverage insights from one game across multiple games
- Help evolve the methodology and tools available to King’s data science community
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis, reports and tools, even when confronted by subtle data complications
Skills to create thrills
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the most appropriate data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and work with relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python or Excel for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques.
- Work in the games industry or similarly customer- facing digital businesses
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop etc)
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.