Data Science Team Lead
We are looking for a talented and creative Data Science Team Lead, interested in pushing the boundaries of games analytics within our Stockholm studio. You’ll deliver amazing insights to the team developing Candy Crush Soda and across King. This will be both as a leader and an individual contributor. You’ll have a proven ability to mentor a team and apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, to generate value.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As a Data Science Team Lead, you will lead a team of 3 to 5 people and will report to the Head of Analytics. You will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of our games
- Lead recruitment, onboarding, peer review and career development for the team from a technical perspective
- Be self- motivated to learn and drive your teams’ development while improving methodology and working practices across the company
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on
- Be the pro- active owner of the entire data chain for your games
Skills to Create Thrills
Our ideal candidate will have solid experience leading an analytical team in a commercial environment. There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Leadership: The ability to mentor, guide and inspire your colleagues and drive best practices across the company
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to recognise dependencies, build relationships and influence others
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and work with relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python or Excel for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques.
Other experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes:
- Work in the games industry or similarly customer- facing digital businesses
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop etc)
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.