Commercial Finance Director (Games)
Director, Commercial Finance (Games)
Kingsters in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
This critical role will draw on your extensive experience as a recognised and successful commercial finance director to lead the strategic and operational aspects of multiple games at King, with a proven record of building and scaling a Commercial Finance function. This role will partner closely with business leaders to understand revenue, marketing and resourcing investment, operating drivers and commercial challenges, translating them into insights to unlock commercial value for King.
They should also have strong financial budgeting and forecasting skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast- paced, high growth environment
This is a very exciting opportunity within King, managing a team of senior managers and analysts to drive the right Finance decisions across our multiple, flagship games.
YOUR ROLE WITHIN OUR KINGDOM
- Responsible for providing financial advice and insights to King Leadership Team on all commercial related matters including revenue, marketing and resourcing investment and new business opportunities to improve business performance and support decision- making.
- Establish credibility by being a trusted business partner, fostering a culture of integrity by designing commercial and impactful solutions and providing supportive challenge and valuable insight.
- Ability to translate financial and non- financial revenue and marketing metrics into actionable operating plans to support key stakeholders in driving the business forward
- Work closely with Marketing finance to ensure consistency between long- term forecasts, annual planning and forecasting and weekly flash of revenue and marketing investment
- Deliver operational excellence across core corporate strategy planning processes, driving a culture of ongoing continual improvement, recommend areas for improvement and lead the implementation of those improvements
- Lead, develop and grow a team of highly skilled Finance professionals, ensuring they have the right balance of commercial savviness and technical skills
- Own SOX controls and take an active role in continuously improving financial controls to assist requirements of our growing business
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, yearly, and long- term forecasts for the games within your remit
- Support the quarterly OKR and Investment Prioritization exercise
- Partner with Finance teams to lead efforts on efficiency improvement initiatives
- Stay on top of industry trends and competitors to find opportunities whilst mitigating risks
SKILLS TO CREATE THRILLS
- You will have experience within a global mobile gaming company or a company with a similar business model. You should have a deep understanding of the full range of revenue drivers, marketing channels and resourcing requirements open to an online business like ours.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non- financial business drivers
- Excellent business partnering experience, with the ability to deliver and handle change in a very fast paced tech company would be beneficial.
- Able to build, lead and inspire high performing teams, ensuring clear goals and objectives are set and organising work effectively to get the most out of the group
- Confidence and gravitas in working with and challenging senior leadership
- Collaborative in building robust relationships within the King community
- Experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non- finance teams and key stakeholders
- Comfortable working with big data sets and translating results into meaningful analysis and incorporating into forecasts
- Advanced Excel skills and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
- Excellent storyboarding using Powerpoint and advanced graph building skills
- Provide routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and actionable insights
- Able to maintain quality work and meet rigorous deadlines
- Able to present complex issues in clear, simple language
- ACA qualified or international equivalent
- Finance related degree or equivalent experience
- Hyperion and/or TMI systems experience or similar large enterprise software
- BI tools experience, such as Looker
- Fluent influencing skills, both written and spoken English skills required
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the company.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.