Associate Principle UI Designer - Live Games
Can you take our players on a journey? Do you want to create the world's best mobile games? We need UI talent to help us level up. You'll drive our team forward to deliver unforgettable experiences that delight players across the world.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI Designer to lead overall UI initiatives for Candy. You’ll share best practices of efficient work with UI designers, UX Designers, Game Designers, User Researchers, Developers, Game Artists and Technical Artists. You have the willingness and ability to lead and inspire others, to grow their skills, adhere to established styles and push boundaries. With your positive attitude and natural ability to lead people, you will coach and mentor your colleagues towards excellence. Create high- quality deliverables that strike a harmonious balance between player and business needs in designing effective and optimise user interface systems. You will report into our Art Director.
You support the strategic framework and champion UI initiatives, working closely with the Art Director to help bring up the visual aesthetic of the game to the next level. With your passion for player- centric design, you will mentor your team members to make their designs, even more, user friendly and accessible.
As a member of our Stockholm team, you’ll participate in a cross- location collaboration. We believe your communication and organisation skills will help you to champion our cooperation on features and information exchange with the Berlin team.
Please apply in English. A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Skills to Create Thrills
- You have great leadership skills
- You are eager to coach others and bring their talent to the next level
- You are adaptable to the change and able to convey it to the team
- You have experience in UI design for mobile games
- You have a well- developed sense of visual aesthetics
- You are great at articulate design decisions
- You have experience working on UI style guides
- You are confident in analysing design specs
- You have knowledge of technical constraints and assets optimisation
- You can apply interaction and communication design to your work
- You mitigate risk in project planning. Great understanding of how to produce appealing UI in style within the available time frame and resources
- You have great communication and organizational skills
- You are structured and champion documentation to secure your work
- You are a proactive and reliable team player
- Experience in user testing
- Skills in animation, motion design and special effects
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Interest in growing your potential leadership skills and people management responsibilities
Making The World Playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heros
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Let's deliver the best
There's never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and can see a world of possibilities ahead. At King we play as a team, helping each other have impact on a massive scale. A shared love for our craft and our players means that together we'll delight billions of people, and redefine the world of games again and again.