Associate Director of IcM Technology
We are looking for an Associate Director of IcM Technology to be a member of our Incident Management (IcM) team at King. You will be leading technical projects and new initiatives to detect live outages, to investigate incidents, and to automate / improve our workflow and processes.
You’ll work with multiple departments across the Kingdom, including game studios, shared tech department, infrastructure, and data teams to achieve your goals. A large part of your role will be to work with your stakeholders to determine direction and scope of each project, and to work closely together with the IcM team to build A- class solutions.
Your role within our Kingdom
- You will be working collaboratively across all parts of the business to crack company- wide problems in how we operate our business.
- Reporting to a Senior Director of Incident & Service Operations, you will:
- Lead our projects of automated anomaly detection for detection of short- and long- term anomalies or trend shifts in company KPIs
- Build the technical strategy to extend our business coverage to new areas such as Cloud, FinOps, and Marketing technologies.
- Work closely with the Incident Operation team, to establish incident process and detection capabilities for new areas
- Understand the Cloud/FinOps landscape at King and strive for opportunities to innovate new ways of detecting incidents by analysing both business and technical trends
- Measure and evaluate how products owned by your team are used to ensure that the they solve the right problems in a sustainable way
- Lead a migration project of the Internal incident response to Pagerduty in order to improve alert triage and efficiency of incident escalation protocols
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working with Machine Learning based projects especially within the anomaly detection domain
- Experience working with Cloud and FInOps
- Great relationship building skills and experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- 5 years minimum engineering skills to get your hands dirty when needed to build/improve our tech products yourself
- The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the appropriate recommendations and decisions
- Experience building data models, designing data flows and extraction processes.
- Proficiency with SQL and Python
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Strong Technical understanding an--d coding background
- Solid understanding or enthusiasm for the games industry
- Experience with Anomaly Detection tools and processes
- Open to feedback as a way of learning and improving
- Pragmatic problem- solver – someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.