Senior IT Technician
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 55 offices across 25 countries and 4 continents. The organization employs over 6,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 80,000 art assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million words translated, 2.5 million hours of testing and resolve 16 million customer support tickets.
The Senior IT Support Technician (Senior Tech) is expected to follow established department procedures and encourage the team to do so. Like the IT Support technician, providing floor support and responding to HelpDesk requests remain their primary tasks.
The IT Support Team will rely on the Senior Tech’s experience and knowledge to make the right decisions, when required. Additionally, it is also the responsibility of the Senior Tech to share their knowledge and experience, in order to assist and guide the team.
The Senior Tech is expected to become the bridge between the team and the Support Management. When the workload requires it, the IT Support Leads may require the Senior Tech’s assistance with managerial tasks such as training, evaluations, meetings, documentation creation or team communication.
When no Lead is available, the Senior Tech is the first point of contact for the team. As the senior member of the team, it is important to lead by example and behave in accordance to the core of Keywords’ values.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Fulfill the main duties under IT Support Technician Job Description
- Ensure documentation is up to date or updated at all time
- Coordinate larger tasks with multiple technicians, across multiple shifts or offices, as necessary
- Have a strong knowledge of all support tasks and processes.
- Mentor other technicians support tasks and processes.
- Be a constructive example for others, as well as a positive representative of the team.
- Report on ant outstanding morale and motivation issues within the team to the Leadership.
- Escalate any issue to the IT Support Management (either project, process related or employee related issues).
- Assist the IT Support Leads with administrative tasks when needed.
- Be the main point of contact for the IT Support Technicians and take decisive actions when necessary
- All core requirements for an IT Support Technician
- Approachable with great customer service skills
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately
- Strong observational and interpersonal skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Team first mentality; lead by example
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Ability to present clear and proper instruction/communication
- Comfortable with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with managing change
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize properly
- Knowledgeable with Helpdesk platforms and standard
- Sense of initiative and desire of accomplishment
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Past experience in Leadership role
- Certifications preferred - A+, ITIL, MCM
- Strong problem solving, and troubleshooting skills – must be able to bring issues to closure
- DVS on Computer Support or any other related field of study
- At least 2 years of experience in end-user support, incident management, IT ticketing system
- Working 5 days per week
- Available to work any of the shifts (Morning, Evening, and Overnight) if necessary
- Available to work additional hours as required to fulfil the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work