Senior Game QA Tester
Our game industry client is looking an experienced game tester to join their Development Support team in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The Primary role of a Development Support staff is to work with the development group and the QA game team. Development Support are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the expectations of the product owner. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums.
- Point of contact for outsourced QV, internal QV and Development teams
- Coordinate test efforts and take on test requests from Developers/Software Engineers
- Reporting on sprints to developers, with complete and concise messages
- Lead improvements in the wider QV processes, project planning, and develop new QV strategies
- Key contributor for test planning, test case creation and bug estimates, etc.
- Provides regular game area level QV reports (e.g. high-level risk assessment)
- Maintain documentation to transfer knowledge and provide mentorship to newer team members
- May contribute to minor adjustments of automation scripts
- May contribute to testing and bug writing/reproducing
- Uses in depth knowledge of the feature under their ownership to drive automation, test tools and possible telemetry hooks to more efficiently verify their area
- Continually contributes towards the refinement and improvement of QV methods, procedures and processes
- Leverages data, automation and tools to perform tasks
- Monitor and track game feature progress
- Uses in depth knowledge of the feature/release under their ownership to suggest automation, test tools and possible telemetry hooks to more efficiently verify their area
- Responsible for one or more test areas and features/releases (POC for multiple features/releases)
- Provides updates to Core QV on changes to the feature and input into test areas to focus on
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Professional QA member with proven ownership of one or more test areas/releases
- Ability to coordinate between different feature areas as well as development partners
- Education, knowledge or experience of a relevant area
- Advanced technical area of knowledge (e.g. white-box testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation etc.)
- Proficiency with advanced testing tools (internal/external)
- Subject matter feature owner
- Experience providing subject matter knowledge to improve overall quality and processes
At Keywords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits