Quality Analyst - Soccer
Calling all soccer fans! Would you like to support a AAA- Titled Soccer game produced here in Burnaby?
Keywords Studios plc is an Irish video game industry services company based in Leopardstown. Founded in 1998 by Giorgio Guastalla and Teresa Luppino, the company initially provided localisation services for business software before transitioning to the video game industry.
The primary role of a Development Support, Game tester, or Quality tester staff member is to work with the development group and the QA game team. Development support staff are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the expectations of the product owner. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include game testing, bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums.
- Previous QA testing experience (or equivalent transferable skills or education) is an asset, but not required
- Education, knowledge or experience in gaming, software, and/or QA
- Interest and knowledge of soccer
- Passion for gaming, gaming industry, and sports
Nice to have:
- Basic Knowledge of an area (e.g. testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation, game/sports specific knowledge, etc.)
- Some experience documenting QA methods:
- Knowledge of test planning; writing test scripts, test cases, and test briefs
- Project progress tracking and reporting
- Previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, Devtrack, Etc.)
- Focuses on testing online game modes in PvP matches.
- Responsible for at least one test area (feature ownership or release ownership) and become POC for owned feature or release
- Partners with development and production teams and provide complete and concise feedback
- Contributes to testing and bug writing
- Perform blackbox, whitebox and greybox test cases
- Contributes to test case modification, creation, bug estimates and test planning
- Execute requests from area POCs, producers and/or SE’s based on development partners needs
- Update and maintain test plans and/or test cases
- Contributions to QA documentation: Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.
- Provides updates to Core QA on changes to the feature and input into test areas to focus on
- Writes test briefs and provides input on creation of test plans
- Liaise as required with partners and teams
This position will start in the first week of January, 2022 and continue until October, 2022, with the possibility of extension or reassignment depending on various factors.