SCOPE OF ROLE
The job entails managing projects that include one or more service lines. Projects may be executed in any Keywords production facility, and clients may be located in Asia, Europe, or North America. The Project Manager coordinates internal delivery with all relevant departments and assumes responsibility for the project’s budget, financial reporting, and scheduling.
Along with the other PS PMs, the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the PS Team Leads’ professional development.
Key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences, and workload fluctuations and depending on how much support management requires. The Project Manager is required to set an example for other employees. As the senior member of the PS team, it is important that the Project Manager leads by example and behaves in a way that reflects Keywords’ core values.
The selected candidate will support Player Support management in Montreal by taking ownership of multiple client programs. The successful candidate must have experience in Customer Support environments, a solid ability to think and work independently, and a proven track record in leading large teams to success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Manage the day-to-day performance of Team Leadership and conduct mentoring sessions.
- Use, develop, and apply best practices for call center/support center environments.
- Ensure that the correct quality control procedures are carried out.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Work with the Team Lead and PS Area Manager to solve issues before they impact the project.
- Uphold studio policies, processes, and security procedures.
- Implement any required process changes and improvements.
- Resolve conflicts and issues, escalating as appropriate.
- Hold regular status meetings with the project team.
- Manage, lead, and motivate Team Leads.
- Interact daily with local Team Leads in person and with remote Team Leads virtually.
- Track and meet the project’s targeted KPIs.
Training and Coaching
- Along with the other PS PMs, oversee the professional development of PS Team Leads.
- Mentor and train new PS Project Managers.
- Provide Team Leads with positive, constructive performance feedback on a weekly basis.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one coaching sessions with assigned employees.
- Issue both positive recognition and disciplinary warnings as required.
- Help identify areas where training material may need to be reviewed.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with client personnel.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction in conjunction with project teams.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Manage client accounts.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary, including project scoping.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Cross-sell services to clients when possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and strengthen client relationships.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and manage project budgets.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, billing rates, and realization.
- Manage resource planning and scheduling in partnership with the PS Coordination team.
- Report project statuses and information to the management team on a regular basis.
- Initiate post-project reviews and implement any process changes or improvements accordingly.
- Communicate with Human Resources regarding employee warnings and disciplinary actions.
- Review project variances and issues with Team Leads and ensure resolution in a timely fashion.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal queries raised by Team Leads.
- In addition to the above, the Project Manager is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Hard Skills, and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in project management or a similar role in the video game or related industry OR a minimum of two years’ experience in client services management, preferably in the video game industry.
- Player Support experience
- Degree in management (an asset) or relevant experience
- Account management or sales-oriented experience (an asset)
- Formal training in project management (an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bilingual in Chinese and English
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Accountable and responsible
- Flexible; adapts easily to change
- Strong conflict resolution skills; able to provide constructive feedback
- Results-driven; able to lead a team to success
- Encourages others to maintain a high standard of accuracy, leading by example
- Communicates honestly and openly, speaks up in meetings, and shares opinions
- Able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, innovative, and analytical, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Client-oriented; skilled negotiator
- Works effectively and decisively under pressure
- Adept at handling multiple projects and project types concurrently
- Highly organized; able to prioritize tasks effectively
- Prepares and enforces a work schedule and delivers on budget
- Prepares, interprets, and effectively utilizes management information reports
- Analyzes difficult and politically sensitive problems, recommending and implementing effective solutions
- Strong knowledge of When I Work, Helpshift, Zendesk, or other ticketing platform
- Strong knowledge of Google’s G Suite
- Strong knowledge of Google Sheets
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- IT literate
- Able to create CRM/tool views for better visibility and reporting